• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I signed up to Poloniex, Coinbase, Cryptonator and through none of these could I actually make a purchase of bitcoins and so I couldn't buy any other cryptos. It's a bloody pain trying to set this up.

On Coinbase I am apparently fully verified but when I try to but bitcoins it says:

"To complete a purchase using, you must first authorize the buy with your card issuer."

I did the same, in my case it said transaction pending, was pending for quite some time, went to bed, when I logged back in and checked the transaction just disappeared. Didn't see a charge on my card. Based on what you said and what happened to me do I have to call my card provider and tell them hey allow Coinbase to charge me? Weird...

Seems to be incredibly fiddly to make a purchase. I will log into all of them and see which one will allow me.

Kinda peed off, if I could have purchased some Stellar when it was 0.01 0.02 I would be up at least £4k

LTC FTW:
    https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-ri...addresses.html
    Last edited by Drei; 16 May 2017, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
      I did the same, in my case it said transaction pending, was pending for quite some time, went to bed, when I logged back in and checked the transaction just disappeared. Didn't see a charge on my card. Based on what you said and what happened to me do I have to call my card provider and tell them hey allow Coinbase to charge me? Weird...

Seems to be incredibly fiddly to make a purchase. I will log into all of them and see which one will allow me.

Kinda peed off, if I could have purchased some Stellar when it was 0.01 0.02 I would be up at least £4k
      I tried bittlylicous - restricted to $18 only :-(

Arent there bitcoin atms around the place? How does that work?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        I signed up to Poloniex, Coinbase, Cryptonator and through none of these could I actually make a purchase of bitcoins and so I couldn't buy any other cryptos. It's a bloody pain trying to set this up.

On Coinbase I am apparently fully verified but when I try to but bitcoins it says:

"To complete a purchase using, you must first authorize the buy with your card issuer."
        It is a pain.

Bitsquare is the fastest way to buy after you get your hands on a small amount of BC.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My LC address is on page 19
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Shame on me for not following up on buying those two. Been busy at work and didn't have as much time to try get some. Found it a little crappy getting in on it as I need some Bitcoin to start trading so it seems, unless I use my CC which I tried
            You can buy XRP with EUR through bitstamp easily enough. No need for bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              It is a pain.

Bitsquare is the fastest way to buy after you get your hands on a small amount of BC.
              Getting the BC is the problem.

Can't for the life of me imagine why they make it so difficult to get in.

And then I wonder - if it's that difficult to GIVE them money, how difficult will they make it when I want it all back in real money?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                My LC address is on page 19
                Pff... you must be rolling in invisible coins

If anyone manages to make this first step let us know. I will check what the status for my Exchange accounts is and see if I can buy anything. I am too a little worry about the cashing out to real money. I will look at the platforms Scoots has mentioned as they seem to be direct exchange Seller to Vendor.

P.S. This makes for a funny read... little did these people know:
                https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64122.0
                Last edited by Drei; 16 May 2017, 16:14.

Comment

Pff... you must be rolling in invisible coins
                  A few thousand or so

Comment

BTC back to over $1800... easy money if you purchased some when it dropped down due to the Malware crap. at £10k you would be £5k richer... ah well, I did not. It could actually get to £5000 in the next few years... buuut none of this is any good if we can't cash out) or buy some.

Comment

Any of the new comers managed to buy anything yet? I haven't had the chance to do it yet, not much free time besides the weekend these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X