• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm up 7x since starting this thread on me BTC purchases - laugh away.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Got to be fair scooter you'd make a good entertainments officer in a leper colony..... You seem to be able to make anything look positive lol.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I'm up 7x since starting this thread on me BTC purchases - laugh away.
        Just be careful you don't hand too much of it back. (Making a fortune and then losing it is very common in the trading game.)

Out of curiosity, is there anything which would dent your faith in BTC/crypto?

Do you have a date (month/year), in your mind, by which BTC must prove itself by breaking above the Dec 2017 ATH of $20k?
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Just be careful you don't hand too much of it back. (Making a fortune and then losing it is very common in the trading game.)
          I've taken a course. No, not medicine. A trading course. I'm an investor yes, but more interested in trading (several trades a year) but not more than once a month. Course was super useful, mostly about controlling emotions. If one bit of advice rings true "investment is a marathon, not a race". Now I've a strategy, a plan and it has been paying. Since the course I've actually not taken another contract for 6 months now - living the dream - posting drivel on cUK.

Year to date my returns - not bad eh?

149%
          147%
          143%
          131%
          138%
          175%
          207%

Out of curiosity, is there anything which would dent your faith in BTC/crypto?
          ?
          Quantum computers.

Do you have a date (month/year), in your mind, by which BTC must prove itself by breaking above the Dec 2017 ATH of $20k?

Before the end of the year. BTC never went to $20k, but the media liked that number. $19.5k was the highest it got in one day. The real all time high that matters is $14k as shown in the monthly chart below.

After we hit $10.5k on the way back up... it'll rally to $14k (ATH) super quick.

The chart below also depicts a rising symmetrical triangle that has support since 2013. You can see we're months away from the focal point. Expect fireworks then.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And I'll tell you another... we might get to $30k by September this year. 2020 has been playing out exactly as 2015 so far following the bear market + golden cross.

First chart is 2015

bottom is 2020

Last edited by scooterscot; 13 March 2020, 14:28.

Comment

And I'll tell you another... we might get to $30k by September this year. 2020 has been playing out exactly as 2020 so far following the bear market + golden cross.
              It is amazing when that happens.

Comment

Comment

I'm an investor yes, but more interested in trading (several trades a year) but not more than once a month.
                  I can see why BTC would make a good trading vehicle. It moves (a lot), and you need movement to make money.

But as an investment?

No-one in their right mind would put a big chunk of their hard earned into something which could lose 50% in a single day.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I can see why BTC would make a good trading vehicle. It moves (a lot), and you need movement to make money.

But as an investment?

No-one in their right mind would put a big chunk of their hard earned into something which could lose 50% in a single day.

I guess I'm not in my right mind. Why would anyone care about 50% swings when you invested years ago?

Comment

I guess I'm not in my right mind. Why would anyone care about 50% swings when you invested years ago?
                      But you keep telling people to invest NOW.

Comment

Working...
                      X