• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    So this is what they meant by the halving.

Turns out the only thing with true value is bog roll and tins of beans. Neither of those can be replaced by cryptos.

Comment

ohh beautiful
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Might be the best price / time ever to get some

Price action bounced off the 200-week moving average. This week stock markets around the world smashed through this same MA,

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bitcoin is looking very rough
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Relax it ain’t worth anything - in a few weeks a single bog roll will be worth more than all tulipcoins in the world

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Pure panic. In the stock markets they pull the plug. In decentralised networks there is no plug. You'll look like a genius in a year from now buying some BTC today.

Most believe we're in 4-year market cycle because of the BTC halving I guess. I'm more of the opinion we're in a 6 year cycle. There's something very very satisfying about what is happening now and 2015 following our exit from the bear market.

Do you want a graphical explanation?

Comment

At one point, BTC dipped below 4000. That's a fall of 50% in a single day.

Bitcoincharts | Charts

Time to buy?
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Time to buy?
                  Think so. Especially at the announcement of mass money printing. What a hedge. As for risk.... this has happened before:

2015 - In 2015 following the golden cross and failed 21-week moving average BTC crashed 30-40% before a massive new uptrend lasting 2-years.

Now 2020 - something look familiar? - We're at maximum fear - now is the time to be greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

My first BTC cost me $750

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      My first BTC cost me $750 [emoji33]
                      But making yourself a laughing stock ever since - priceless.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X