• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    But what might happen if you sold and tried to cash out £100k+? Have you actually cashed out of any coins, back to real currency?
    Changed XRP (Ripple) to Eur plenty of times now. Took seconds on Bitstamp. A european based exchange.

Stellar has a market capital of around $274m. A £100k coming out will not be noticed. There are a number of whales though playing with several million causing panic etc. Very Elliot Wave theory happenings.

https://hacked.com/analysis-stellar-...tecoin-ripple/
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      He didn't.
      It was lost at the very point of exchange, have you not read about it?

in fact he did it twice, tried once, then got it back when it didn't go through.
      Tried the same thing a day later and the whole lot vaporisd.
      Yup, Jed was the guy who created the exchange. He's also the guy behind Stellar.

They are better exchanges today. Bitstamp I trust more so than US based exchanges.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

scooterscot mate I went through the security checks now so I can trade properly, pissed that it took too long and couldn't get the LTC at $24. I think for now I will wait before jumping on LTC but feel free to PM me and let me know what's worth sticking a few £100's in. Buying a few at $0.1 is not a huge risk but buying at $30 might be.

I would still like to know what happens when you try to get over £50k out of the market and if anyone actually did it successfully.

Correct me if I am wrong but right now some of the more decent ones would be:
        Coinbase
        Kraken
        LiteBit

Some of them offer online wallets some allow you to put your wallet so the transaction is direct.

Comment

ooooooh bitcoin

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
            ooooooh bitcoin

feck me , bitcoin is heading towards parabola.. 5% daily for like a month , it will end in massive euphoria and severe crash

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              feck me , bitcoin is heading towards parabola.. 5% daily for like a month , it will end in massive euphoria and severe crash
              I ken man... had a single bitcoin sitting at $1200 since 10 days ago, no need to shift it, but I'm sensing the need to now. The bubble is going to burst and alt-coins will make gains out of it. Probably.

Stellar is giving away lumens to bitcoin holder next month. 19 billion (I think) worth to be sure. That might just facilitate the bc crash.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I ken man... had a single bitcoin sitting at $1200 since 10 days ago, no need to shift it, but I'm sensing the need to now. The bubble is going to burst and alt-coins will make gains out of it. Probably.

Stellar is giving away lumens to bitcoin holder next month. 19 billion (I think) worth to be sure. That might just facilitate the bc crash.
                No once it bursts all the alt coins will burst even worse

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                  scooterscot mate I went through the security checks now so I can trade properly, pissed that it took too long and couldn't get the LTC at $24. I think for now I will wait before jumping on LTC but feel free to PM me and let me know what's worth sticking a few £100's in. Buying a few at $0.1 is not a huge risk but buying at $30 might be.

I would still like to know what happens when you try to get over £50k out of the market and if anyone actually did it successfully.

Correct me if I am wrong but right now some of the more decent ones would be:
                  Coinbase
                  Kraken
                  LiteBit

Some of them offer online wallets some allow you to put your wallet so the transaction is direct.
                  Stay away from all of those. Seriously. They struggle with user demand and have had DOS attacks when whales try to corner the market.

Bitstamp is a licensed European based exchange. Good support by e-mail and telephone. You will need to go through an ident process with them.

A license granted by Luxembourg's Ministry of Finance has made Bitstamp the first regulated and licensed virtual currency exchange in the EU. This is the result of a rigorous application process with the Luxembourg financial regulator, the Luxembourg Financial Industry Supervisory Commission (known as CSSF https://www.cssf.lu/en/), which spanned the course of nearly two years. The process included not only security reviews, but also an audit by a well-known external company based in Luxembourg. Bitstamp's license is applicable in all 28 EU member states, providing all European customers with a robust, secure platform for bitcoin trading.
                  Stellar is still a good bet in my eyes. As is Litecoin. Dash is Meeh, I don't know. Always good stories but yet nothing much happens.

Do your own research!!

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    It is silly. A few days ago it was $1400 now it is $1800... If I was playing with £10k I would now have just under £5k in profit. I imagine this is why all other currencies are going down at the moment, BTC going up too fast. Will hit the $2k mark in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                      It is silly. A few days ago it was $1400 now it is $1800... If I was playing with £10k I would now have just under £5k in profit. I imagine this is why all other currencies are going down at the moment, BTC going up too fast. Will hit the $2k mark in no time.
                      A text file worth more than gold

I'm watching it with interest but will not enter. Not my cup of tea, don't understand it well enough

Comment

Working...
                      X