• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin breakthrough? Russia moots cryptocurrency green light

But wait! I thought it was all about money laundering!

Moiseev says monitoring cryptocurrencies could be an instrumental tool against money laundering

Get involved people. Don't say I din't warn you. This is a zillion times bigger than the first iPod.

Had £6k in PIVX a week ago. Could sell them today for £10k
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Bitcoin breakthrough? Russia moots cryptocurrency green light

But wait! I thought it was all about money laundering!

Had £6k in PIVX a week ago. Could sell them today for £10k

Why no ETH, I am about to bite some ETH., but my financial advisor says to wait until it starts going up again.
      Last edited by europetractor; 11 April 2017, 18:27.

Comment

Gold bars or GTFO.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
          Why no ETH, I am about to bite some ETH., but my financial advisor says to wait until it starts going up again.
          I've got some too. But it's a long game, like XRP or Dash. In two years time it'll be well worth it.

Dash, don't know. It has the marketing for sure. But PIVX is everything Dash should have been. And Dash know it.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've got some too. But it's a long game, like XRP or Dash. In two years time it'll be well worth it.
            I am not quite sure. Bitcoin is capped and at 16 millions coins printed for 6 years. ETH is non-capped and currently at 90 million in 1 - 2 years.( Hence the banking interest in the coin. ). It is very hard to predict and price likely won't jump the way Bitcoin is..., but I do agree, some ETH must be purchased. Just hope the exchange doesn't steal it again like mtgox.

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
              Just hope the exchange doesn't steal it again like mtgox.
              Keep your coins on a cold wallet on your computer or external hard drive. This is my setup with the wallet copied to an encrypted backup server every time a change is made.

Comment

SWIFT hacked? What gives with the USA?

US government 'hacked global bank system'

No wonder they've been trying to ban the use of crypto currency.

Comment

SWIFT hacked? What gives with the USA?

US government 'hacked global bank system'

No wonder they've been trying to ban the use of crypto currency.
                  They are not trying to ban it they want to control it.

Snowden already revealed that NSA can hack any algorithm in 2 days. If they wanted they could decrypt any wallet they want. But they don't want that. They want fiat-money style monopoly on cryptocurrency.
                  Last edited by europetractor; 15 April 2017, 22:16.

Comment

clucking bell

My XRP went up 127% the past 7 days and me Light Coins over 60%. Well into six figured sum now

Hard to believe I only start with 6-7k eight weeks ago.

Comment

clucking bell

My XRP went up 127% the past 7 days and me Light Coins over 60%. Well into six figured sum now

Hard to believe I only started with 6-7k eight weeks ago.

All Currencies | CryptoCurrency Market Capitalizations
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 4 May 2017, 20:58.

Comment

Working...
                      X