• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a "treat" in store if it doesn't hit $1M by the end of 2020.

Bitcoin Price Prediction Tracker

Scoots, you up for a similar challenge?

ps. anyone know the best way to buy or track BTC in a SIPP?

Comment

Pretty cool. Sold my entire pension a few months backs, which had done very well over the last ten years in stocks and bought bitcoin ETFs when price around $6k. Pension now halved May even go lower. Don't know about $1m but BTC will be well on it's way to $250k by the time I'm ready to sell any.

You can track BTC in a SIPP here: XBT Provider AB Bitcoin Tracker EUR Share Price
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Pretty cool. Sold my entire pension a few months backs, which had done very well over the last ten years in stocks and bought bitcoin ETFs when price around $6k. Pension now halved May even go lower. Don't know about $1m but BTC will be well on it's way to $250k by the time I'm ready to sell any.

You can track BTC in a SIPP here: XBT Provider AB Bitcoin Tracker EUR Share Price
        That would be in 5 weeks time according to... oh.. you!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
          There is a "treat" in store if it doesn't hit $1M by the end of 2020.

Bitcoin Price Prediction Tracker

Scoots, you up for a similar challenge?

ps. anyone know the best way to buy or track BTC in a SIPP?
          Don't get roped in to that. It's absolute crap. Only a moron is gonna buy in off the back of that rubbish. Even Scoots wouldn't. The fact that you managed to find a page spouting fanciful numbers but couldn't be arsed to find out how to invest in shows much fail.

Stay away.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

holy smoke

well I am the opposite 95% of my pension is in bricks and mortar

good luck

Milan.

Comment

I may have been early but I'm not wrong.

About to become homeless at this end. Got offers on the Edinburgh place, need to accept one sooner or later. Soon will be without any bricks or mortar. Yup, I'm going short on property, particularly UK property.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Don't get roped in to that. It's absolute crap. Only a moron is gonna buy in off the back of that rubbish. Even Scoots wouldn't. The fact that you managed to find a page spouting fanciful numbers but couldn't be arsed to find out how to invest in shows much fail.

Stay away.
                I guess you didn't scroll down the page.

The "treat" I was referring to was John McAfee committing to eat his dick on national television if BTC doesn't reach $1M by the end of 2020.

Personally, I can't see any harm in putting a couple of grand in it. Worse case scenario you lose a couple of grand. Best case scenario, who knows. I don't regard it as investing though, it's gambling.

Comment

Don't know about $1m but BTC will be well on it's way to $250k by the time I'm ready to sell any.
                  can you explain how you derive the 250kU$D valuation of BTC, and does it involve BTC raising in value or U$D lowering in value ?

if the U$D becomes the Zimbabwe Dollar then of course 250kU$D BTC is possible

but if the U$D holds its value against other currencies, let's say the SDR basket, then how do you explain BTC getting to 250kU$D ?

Milan.

Comment

I did that too but only £10K. Did ok too. I bought in at the right time and it went up to about £25K. I took the original £10K out and put it back into standard funds so can't lose. Admitedly its down to about £8K now but still thats still £8K profit.

I did buy a couple of £K of eth tracker in my SIPP - lost a few quid on that one. Also £2K in a non-pension fund on HL - lost a fair amount there too.

Wouldnt have stuck my entire pension in.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I may have been early but I'm not wrong.

About to become homeless at this end. Got offers on the Edinburgh place, need to accept one sooner or later. Soon will be without any bricks or mortar. Yup, I'm going short on property, particularly UK property.
                      How do you go short on property? Wouldn't you have to borrow a property and sell it to go short?

Comment

Working...
                      X