• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You now this criminal tulip coin crypto stuff is going to be big when the government starts producing material on it.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

However, using a range of sources, the Taskforce has been able to identify that while the market has grown recently, the UK is not one of the major markets for cryptoasset trading globally.
      you don't say and then several paragraphs later..

The UK is an emerging leader in the development of DLT.
      bollocks it is. South Korea, Moscow, Berlin, and Silicon valley are by far the leaders in the field of DLT.

Trade finance was frequently identified in the Taskforce’s stakeholder engagement as a use case that demonstrates how DLT could speed up settlement times and increase efficiency through automation. For example, smart contracts could replace letters of credit and create a record of ownership at each step.
      Tulip coins eh ATW? The government is about to store you credit record & property ownership rights on DLT!

Taxation5.31 Tax was outside the Taskforce’s remit, so substantive considerations of tax issues are not included in this report. However, HM Treasury is working closely with HM Revenue and Customs to consider the tax issues raised by cryptoassets.
      In other words, free rain.

Sounds like the government is not liking the idea of potential disruption to the finance sector. Tough.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Interesting...

$1500 per BTC the last time volatility was so low, yup May last year. Then it went 13x over the next 6 months.

Good site to follow to help with decisions on market entry and exit points.

(3.51%) Bitcoin Volatility Index - Charts vs Dollar & More

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          $1500 per BTC the last time volatility was so low, yup May last year. Then it went 13x over the next 6 months.

Good site to follow to help with decisions on market entry and exit points.

(3.51%) Bitcoin Volatility Index - Charts vs Dollar & More

So are you putting real money into BTC now, or is this more meaningless hot air?

PS I thought the price was irrelevant, make your friggin mind up...

Comment

In May 2017 >80%* of the general public didn't know what bitcoin was, now >80%* do and have seen it peak and fall over Christmas, there's a big difference

[*stats completely made up but sound about right]

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              So are you putting real money into BTC now, or is this more meaningless hot air?

PS I thought the price was irrelevant, make your friggin mind up...
              I'm talking about volatility not price. Isn't that clear?!

Yup all in, have been since this consolidation period started back in June / July.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                In May 2017 >80%* of the general public didn't know what bitcoin was, now >80%* do and have seen it peak and fall over Christmas, there's a big difference

[*stats completely made up but sound about right]
                Where did you get the 80% figure from? Source?

Ask around friends & family, you'll be surprised. Yes many more may know about the name Bitcoin but that's not the same as owning. Guess at which point on the graph below they'll decide to do something about it...

Comment

Where did you get the 80% figure from? Source?

Ask around friends & family, you'll be surprised. Yes many more may know about the name Bitcoin but that's not the same as owning. Guess at which point on the graph below they'll decide to do something about it...

I thought guessing graphs was your speciality?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I thought guessing graphs was your speciality?
                    Called it and got it. Sold me pension position in Amazon about 2-3 months ago.

Seeking alpha? I am alpha.

Comment

Called it and got it. Sold me pension position in Amazon about 2-3 months ago.

Seeking alpha? I am alpha.

Yet everything you've ever sprouted on here missed completey.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X