• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Dont really understand this. So if you had bitcoin yesterday then you automatically get same amount of bit coin cash? Is that right?

How do you get the bcc though? My bitcoin is stored in a green market wallet.
    no idea!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

lol we shld have invested some money in BCC after the fork))) was around $200 and jumped to around $600 in a matter of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Massive bets on today. After the bitcoin fork Bitcoin cash appeared and suddenly it has a market capital of 7 billion overnight. - without any development news or adopted users. In fact a number of exchanges have publicly stated they'll not recognised it.

Bitcoin is only about $1billion different in market capital from a week ago so $6billion into Bitcoin cash is probably people betting.

There's going to be some insane hurt in the coming days.
        I don't get this, are you implying the value of Bitcoin cash is due to incoming BTC? If so I think you're wrong. The value is intrinsic to the value of Bitcoin cash - the ledger has now deviated and are independent.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
          lol we shld have invested some money in BCC after the fork))) was around $200 and jumped to around $600 in a matter of hours.
          I know - now look at it fall. But could have been amazing... alas.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            I don't get this, are you implying the value of Bitcoin cash is due to incoming BTC? If so I think you're wrong. The value is intrinsic to the value of Bitcoin cash - the ledger has now deviated and are independent.
            no, I'm implying (poorly) new cash is flowing into BCC. Probably on some perceived hope it'll mimic Bitcoin value. But Litecoin is technically superior to BCC in a number of ways.

Comment

I don't get the BCC stuff but I do see that the value is all over the place, still at $550+

Would have been a really good 50%+ investment on 5k or 10k

Comment

Certainly here to stay

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I'm surprised how little discussion this subject receives amongst you IT lot..

Me thinks crypto currency is going to have a massive impact in the future. Just like the VHS in the seventies, or computers in the 80's, or internet in the 90's.. in the coming years it'll be crypto currency. Been following the developments recently with much interest, since I'm kind of into math anyway. The ideas are fascinating.

Governments have been about controlling money, that has been their power. A chunk of that power is about to be removed of them. It might sound fanciful but I reckon in the not to distant future individuals will be transferring money around the globe in seconds to each other. There'll be no centralisation.

Think of 2008 again without centralisation. Indeed, think about the power of credit referencing agencies and the power they wield over those in working class poverty. Even today they're more than two million adults in the UK without a bank account.

Change is afoot.
                According to Leonardo Pedretti (Ethereum Italia and Etherevolution), Bitcoin and blockchains will be never forgotten and will be more and more used in the next five years.

Comment

Feck. It seems getting hold of the free bit coin cash depends on where the bitcoin is stored. i.e .the exchange or online store.

Should have moved it to look after own keys. If so then it appears you can get the bit coin cash - dunno how though.

If its stored elsewhere then its up to them. Mine is on greenaddress who've said they're not getting involved :-(
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Bittrex credited my account with BCC automatically yesterday.

Comment

Its been a bit like being paid a dividend for doing bugger all.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X