• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the only 6 coinmarketcap green gainers today one is a little interesting..

6) Tether

I've heard rumors of mass crypto exchange into this 'pegged to the dollar' coin to 'weather the storm'...

Comment

Don't use Tether. It scares me a little. Don't believe they've got the cash to honour every token with $1. Indeed there's not that many exchanges around the world that accept Tether.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just found out that Betfair.com now have some cryprocurrency betting... assorted markets for Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/financial-bets

Betfair.com = betting exchange = no company bookies setting prices = any user can bet an event happens, bet against the event happening or offer own odds for the event. Odds can change ever second. Could all be wrong of course .. but all 'guesses' on this exchange are made by dudes actually laying down fiat.

BTC Closing price June, decimal odds
        Under $5000.01 4/1
        $5000.01 - $7500 1.19/1
        $7500.01 - $10000 3.9/1
        $10000.01 - $12500 8.2/1
        Over $12500 7.2/1

BTC Closing price 2018, decimal odds.
        Under $5000.01 1.79/1
        $5000.01 - $10000 3.7/1
        $10000.01 - $15000 8/1
        $15000.01 - $20000 13.5/1
        $20000.01 - $25000 13.5/1
        $25000.01 - $30000 12/1
        $30000.01 - $35000 20/1
        $35000.01 - $40000 32/1
        $40000.01 - $45000 26/1
        $45000.01 - $50000 6/1
        Over $50000 8/1

Interesting is the significant dip of betting odds for over $45K

Comment

Promax7

Is it a good decision of buying Promax7 GPU miners ?

Comment

As if just buying cryptos wasn't enough of a gamble as is.

Though I suppose you're really betting on the value of the $.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Actually it's a bet against all fiat currencies. No doubt about it, BTC will appreciate more than any fiat currency this year.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The April edition of 2600 has an interesting article about the experience of trading and using Bitcoin for purchases.
                I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Don't use Tether. It scares me a little. Don't believe they've got the cash to honour every token with $1. Indeed there's not that many exchanges around the world that accept Tether.
                  Tether just 'printed' another $250m dollars worth. No impartial audit ever completed to show they do indeed back every tether with a dollar.

In other news, EOS just rolled back transactions and froze five accounts. They can also freeze any account with no activity within 3 years and redistribute any tokens held in that account. Got to be careful with any long term hodling.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I refer back to my prior post; if you look at the previous charts you can see that the market was extremely volatile May/June/July. The end of Q3 is where the action is at - in my opinion!!

I Know Scoots you've said old charts cannot be relied upon because that was retail and this is institution, but traders love past performances and surely, surely aren't going to enter the market at an unknown time? Logic says they're going to want to get in just as the train to the moon is leaving the station.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                      I refer back to my prior post; if you look at the previous charts you can see that the market was extremely volatile May/June/July. The end of Q1 is where the action is at - in my opinion. The end of Q2 is where the action is at - in my opinion. The end of Q3 is where the action is at - in my opinion!! <placeholder>The end of Q4 is where the action is at - in my opinion</placeholder>
                      FTFY
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X