• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Ta!

Luck is not a factor,
    Fear is not an option...

Name the film:

I'll do my best... To which the Sean replies, Your best? Losers are always whining on about doing their best. Winners go home and f@£$ the prom queen.
    He was escaping (/had escaped) from a prison on an island, you are clicking buttons on your computer

You seem to be taking our scepticism and caution as an insult - reading about you shifting your ENTIRE pension into crypto related funds makes me think of the type of person that just got 5 wins in a row on roulette and has now just sold his house to put it on black because he "knows the system"

please be careful x
    Last edited by pr1; 5 June 2018, 13:02.

Comment

I'm not insulted. My actions are not based on a hot hand fallacy. The events that have led me to where I now am were not random. That's gambling otherwise.

Calling my experience into question though when you don't even know me, that does get my nargals up.

Carefully treading ones toes in the water is good advice. Ta!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm not insulted. My actions are not based on a hot hand fallacy. The events that have led me to where I now am were not random. That's gambling otherwise.

Calling my experience into question though when you don't even know me, that does get my nargals up.

Carefully treading ones toes in the water is good advice. Ta!
        One doesn't need to go back far in this thread to find you recommending people to hand over money for guaranteed gains, and you're insulted someone called in to question your experience? You don't even know what short selling is

Comment

I never recommended anything. I offered. Very different.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I never recommended anything. I offered. Very different.
            Please explain the difference in the context of the thread, the semantics of my wording don't change the argument.

Comment

Who was it? The whole crypto market just jumped up by $6b in 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                Please explain the difference in the context of the thread, the semantics of my wording don't change the argument.
                I'm not a dictionary.

Comment

If you like I can take your money and return it to you at a profit. Think of it as a Scooter hedge fund.

I guarantee you 10% before the end of September.

Comment

What part of that is a recommendation?

Comment

What part of that is a recommendation?
                      The "guaranteed" return sales pitch implies it.

Comment

Working...
                      X