• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I note that Scoots has not been around recently.

My theory is that he has made enough crypto-money and is trying to cash out to FIAT now before the floodgates open and then mass hysteria arises when everyone tries to exit back to FIAT at the same time.

Good luck Scoots!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      I note that Scoots has not been around recently.

My theory is that he has made enough crypto-money and is trying to cash out to FIAT now before the floodgates open and then mass hysteria arises when everyone tries to exit back to FIAT at the same time.

Good luck Scoots!
      If that's the case then good luck to him. He may just be having a nice Christmas though
      Stellar has done him very well but I don't think it's anywhere near finished yet though so my guess is he's still in the game for now and just HODLing on stellar.
      Personally I think Stellar will double or triple by the end of Feb
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

For those who don't think TA is worth anything in this market it might be worth having a look at this guy.
        https://www.tradingview.com/u/DLavrov/
        And then have a look at his last two predictions (at least)
        https://www.tradingview.com/chart/LT...y-Opportunity/
        https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...rt-Term-Trade/
        The first one is more or less spot on. The second, when he realised the market had shifted he predicted exactly what has just happened this morning.
        TA may not work well for the masses but there are people who can still read the signs very well.
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          For those who don't think TA is worth anything in this market it might be worth having a look at this guy.
          https://www.tradingview.com/u/DLavrov/
          And then have a look at his last two predictions (at least)
          https://www.tradingview.com/chart/LT...y-Opportunity/
          https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...rt-Term-Trade/
          The first one is more or less spot on. The second, when he realised the market had shifted he predicted exactly what has just happened this morning.
          TA may not work well for the masses but there are people who can still read the signs very well.
          So even when he's wrong, he's right?

Everything is going up right now though. I don't see anything to suggest his analysis is any more successful than chance. Seriously, I've been right nearly every time this week just by looking and guessing and more than pretty much my BTC in that time.

And if you have a million people making these predictions, chances are a few are going to be right a very high % of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
            So even when he's wrong, he's right?

Everything is going up right now though. I don't see anything to suggest his analysis is any more successful than chance. Seriously, I've been right nearly every time this week just by looking and guessing and more than pretty much my BTC in that time.

And if you have a million people making these predictions, chances are a few are going to be right a very high % of the time.
            Read the text. He states that IF the price hits the 19050 then upwards movement is expected. Then look at the price that BTC just dropped to...17200. Co-incidence? No one is right all the time but he is hitting far more than chance would expect

Comment

Pullbacks on everything this morning, BTC came down to 18k but now seems to be holding.
              I lost 10% on LTC but going to hold it for now. IOTA had a big drop.
              Whats the plans for today, IOTA? I may stay out and watch how this pulback plays out.
              Reading the live chat on tradingview is amusing - absolute panickers.
              Going on a 5k jog at 12.00 and will re-evaluate post lunch

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post

the average guessers who are right 50% of the time don't make the news.
                The total losers don't either.
                It is a form of confirmation bias. Remember Paul the Octopus? Of course you do https://understandinguncertainty.org/node/888

You don't remember Bill the Squid who guessed North Korea, or the hundreds of other predictions that happened to not be right.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
                  Pullbacks on everything this morning, BTC came down to 18k but now seems to be holding.
                  I lost 10% on LTC but going to hold it for now. IOTA had a big drop.
                  Whats the plans for today, IOTA? I may stay out and watch how this pulback plays out.
                  Reading the live chat on tradingview is amusing - absolute panickers.
                  Going on a 5k jog at 12.00 and will re-evaluate post lunch
                  Everything dropped at the same time as BTC. Had some EMC2 which was doing quite well...then one single candle and it was down 1000 sats...thought I was seeing things.
                  I see loads about IOTA. Which exchange are you on?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    Everything dropped at the same time as BTC. Had some EMC2 which was doing quite well...then one single candle and it was down 1000 sats...thought I was seeing things.
                    I see loads about IOTA. Which exchange are you on?
                    Kraken for fiat and binance for alts. Using tradingview for charts though as its easier. Looks like everything is starting to recover though. Lots of fear.. I may just take advantage

Comment

If you're bothered by a big red candle over a short timeframe, you're in the wrong game. Try not to look at the 30 min and 1 hour charts.

I'm not seeing much to worry about here, just the usual volatility.

Comment

Working...
                      X