• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    I happened to look at LBRY today as well...passed on it but I'm sure I saw one of the contributors on tradingview say it's ready to pump
    One of the first I bought. The guy I worked with who got me into crypto was a big fan. He bought ETH at like a dollar or something and could probably retire.

Might keep as a long term hodl even if it does go up as it looks like a good project.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      The one day chart looks like a cup and handle pattern.
      I do love all this mumbo jumbo.

You can't lose buying something that only ever goes up. Let's see how your cup and handle works out when feds are kicking in the doors of every crypto exchange and putting the owners into electric chairs for "aiding terrorism"

https://tinyurl.com/ydc67x9o
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

You can't lose buying something that only ever goes up. Let's see how your cup and handle works out when feds are kicking in the doors of every crypto exchange and putting the owners into electric chairs for "aiding terrorism"

Was about to answer this but there's someone kicking at my door. 2 secs...
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

I've said as much before, always a ton of confirmation bias with traders.

In this market it's pointless. Just pick something, if it goes up hodl until you've made a decent profit, if it goes down sell asap and cut your losses.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
            I've said as much before, always a ton of confirmation bias with traders.

In this market it's pointless. Just pick something, if it goes up hodl until you've made a decent profit, if it goes down sell asap and cut your losses.
            so we're not interested in fundamentals then

reminds me of the .con days

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              My first ICO purchase just went live:

https://hitbtc.com/LOC-to-BTC

Opened and tanked straight down... Not joining that exchange either they have terrible reviews. This is 1.88 ETH I might never see again, but maybe it will get pumped soon - hopefully it will be on more exchanges by then.

Actually it tanked vs BTC but doing OK vs USD. Just noticed the 'trollbox' on bottom left of screen on hitbtc - they are trying to pump different coins, this stuff is mental...
              That ICO looked like an outrageous scam btw.

https://www.reddit.com/r/icocrypto/c...KV&sh=a3d8feee

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
                What fundamentals would you be focusing on then?

SMA, EMA, Donchian Channels, Bollinger Bands?

More importantly, why do you expect this to follow normal patterns, which are heavily linked to tangible attributes of a 'normal' commodity/share/organisation (of which, Bitcoin doesn't have)?

you were once burned, twice shy in the dotcom era - fine we get it, but don't try to pretend you know anymore about Bitcoin (and crypto in general) than the average person next to you on a train
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
                  Do you think the trading analysis described in the article is actually a valid method of providing long term results?

Comment

The bubble might be about to burst

the (very) pretty barmaid in my local just messaged me to ask if I know how to buy Bitcoins and can I help as she wants to invest.

This could mark a critical point when the uneducated start to wade in thinking the gravy train will never stop.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Can we kindly request that the uneducated and ill informed stick to the 5 or 6 luddite threads please. This is where we discuss ideas to make money and build our portfolios.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X