• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Here are the fees with my Bitstamp debit card - can use it anywhere in the EU, so far...

Some fees are a bit cheeky but otherwise no extortionate monthly account charge and I can buy a loaf of bread (fully tested) with money I've created out of thin air.

Thats not too bad. But where do they get the exchange rate BTC/GBP from?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Thats not too bad. But where do they get the exchange rate BTC/GBP from?
      Bitstamp is actually a London based company. Think they have a GBP version, the $ example is generic. My debit card is loaded with euros, but the fees are similar.

I'm not exactly spending BTC when I use it, but I sell some BTC to load my card. So why don't I do that with a normal debit card? Speed. It takes seconds to load with cash - can even do so on my phone. Normally I'll try to load when I think BTC or which ever coin is on a rally to lock in profits. Working out so far.. sort of makes the whole thing real when I'm using it.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

looks like a false alarm on any drop, straight back up to $16,200+

Comment

Wait until the US wakes up... the bear trap catches out many.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm all out of BTC at the moment, back into ETH for the time being

Comment

This is what 'Fear' looks like. Sellers being to appear in abundance and buyers with their backs to the wall. 'Capitulation' is still to come, that's when sellers start chasing each other to the bottom, give it another 24-48 hours tops.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Bitstamp is actually a London based company. Think they have a GBP version, the $ example is generic. My debit card is loaded with euros, but the fees are similar.

I'm not exactly spending BTC when I use it, but I sell some BTC to load my card. So why don't I do that with a normal debit card? Speed. It takes seconds to load with cash - can even do so on my phone. Normally I'll try to load when I think BTC or which ever coin is on a rally to lock in profits. Working out so far.. sort of makes the whole thing real when I'm using it.
                I'm liking uphold quite a bit, they have virtual currency/crypto 'cards'. I transferred FIAT to them last week (5 figures) through SEPA, then used their system to transfer it from my GBP card to BTC card and effectively bypassed Coinbase. They charged 1%. Then sent the BTC to bittrex and my ledger nano - instant. last night sent BTC back from ledger and bittrex to uphold, transferred from BTC card to GBP card - sitting in £

I've withdrawn £ from them via SEPA in the past as well with no problems. I'm not happy with Coinbase after they delayed my last ETH withdrawal for 72 hours after I've done all the ID thing and upped my deposit limit. To bypass the 72 hour thing they wanted me to take webcam pics of my driving license along with a selfie which I tried twice and it failed, so they lost me as a customer that day...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Finally just moved into profit on the crash...just
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    I'm liking uphold quite a bit, they have virtual currency/crypto 'cards'. I transferred FIAT to them last week (5 figures) through SEPA, then used their system to transfer it from my GBP card to BTC card and effectively bypassed Coinbase. They charged 1%. Then sent the BTC to bittrex and my ledger nano - instant. last night sent BTC back from ledger and bittrex to uphold, transferred from BTC card to GBP card - sitting in £

I've withdrawn £ from them via SEPA in the past as well with no problems. I'm not happy with Coinbase after they delayed my last ETH withdrawal for 72 hours after I've done all the ID thing and upped my deposit limit. To bypass the 72 hour thing they wanted me to take webcam pics of my driving license along with a selfie which I tried twice and it failed, so they lost me as a customer that day...
                    Sounds like a good option, what was their buy price on BTC like at the time? Comparable to the exchanges as I know coinbase mark up quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      Finally just moved into profit on the crash...just
                      (How) are you shorting?

Comment

Working...
                      X