• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1BTC = $10k 'very soon'

From #Bittylicious‏
    Choo choo! The #Bitcoin train will shortly be arriving at $10,000. Thank you for travelling on the Crypto Express.
    Last edited by SunnyInHades; 27 November 2017, 13:13.

Comment

Initially got in for £500 in about Feb/March, when that tripled I took out the £500 a kept just the profit in BTC, since then it's gone up a lot more and I've added about £2700 (including £500 of LTD funds - in separate wallet) which is currently worth about £4700 today spread across BTC/BCH/ETH and alts. BCH is also 'free money' from the fork which I haven't touched and is approaching about £500.

Over the weekend I moved stuff about to implement a strategy of 40% held in BTC, 20% held in ETH and remaining 40% in alts split into about 4 positions equaling 10% of overall portfolio.

I've also got 1.88 ETH in an ICO (LOC).

I'll keep loading up with about £1k/month distributed as above and some more from the LTD as well to build some decent positions.

If it 'pops' I'm ready to sell with limit orders if it hits a certain price (ie stop losses). The only major risk is the exchanges as yesterday Bittrex started doing 'wallet maintenance' one of the coins I wanted to dump when BTC started going up. Also another sell order (DASH) got executed partially and I had to manually execute it 3 times for all the partial orders to execute and finally get out of the position - quite a bit lower than at was when I first hit the sell button.

FX brokers do this kind of thing (freeze the platform, fail to execute orders and do 'requotes') when the market moves dramatically. These crypto brokers are unregulated though so you have to risk holding your coins with them and getting messed about if something big happens - or move them all to different wallets then transfer them in a hurry to then get messed about...

This is why most of my portfolio is in BTC/ETH. I don't intend to cash anything out for a while and I don't see the technology going anywhere given how widely it's being adopted. Bubbles got a way to go so keep following the trend until it bends.

I'm liking the approach of pumping/dumping alts to acquire BTC/ETH. I acquired about 0.2 BTC over the last week this way and have some decent powder to play with alts/ICOs left over.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What are poeoples thoughts on ICOs? Any potentiall good ones coming up?

I'v enot really looked into them so far, now that I have a bit invested though, I may start to explore this. Some of the biggest returns have been from ICOs.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          What are poeoples thoughts on ICOs? Any potentiall good ones coming up?

I'v enot really looked into them so far, now that I have a bit invested though, I may start to explore this. Some of the biggest returns have been from ICOs.
          There are so many of them. I clicked through a couple of the sponsored ads on facebook and now my feed has different one every few posts.

I like them so I want to learn more about them - involved reading the white papers and getting to know the whole blockchain industry as a whole and learning to spot good business ideas that could work out.

This site lists them, as do these:

https://www.coinschedule.com/

https://www.icoalert.com/

https://icotracker.net/

Need to put on the 'Warren Buffet' hat when looking at these - or alternatively bung a few quid at each one and hold the runners.

It's real wild West stuff ICOs - but there is gold in them thar mountains... somewhere...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
            just claimed my bitcoin gold. A whole £32.21 worth.
            Will be £50 by Friday
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
              BTC @ $9762.67

Is there gonna be a correction before $10k...
              The whole market is overbought.. a return to $200B market capital seems likely in the coming days or weeks. This is why I'm tempted to hold everything in dollars until it's over. However I'd not liquidate Stellar, Ripple, or PIVX positions - those markets always seem to go into reverse when Bitcoin tanks.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                $9461.97

Yep, happening for sure. How low will it go before it goes back up??

I'm guessing £8960
                I'm guessing $6k

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  very sensible and just the way i thought about it.
                  BTW...looks like XLM is now in a symmetric triangle which suggests a price hike i the near future if any of the learning I've done recently has paid off. Missed the last 3 spikes due to not paying attention
                  not paying attention is my biggest failure in all. Especially after so much reading..

You might find this handy, https://app.coindera.com/users/

I've signed up a while ago to track prices on various trades so I'm altered to when something is a buy after hitting support or something is about to become a short. Usually I put my price warnings 10% before of after market expectations.

Comment

Any thoughts on this?

https://news.bitcoin.com/cme-group-p...s-december-10/

Comment

Dear me Stellar - you're bringing me close to total retirement numbers

Jump oder nicht? was sagst du dazu?

Comment

Working...
                      X