• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    he will have the whole commonwealth to retire to. Watch out for the sheep & Penguins on the Falklands.
    Contemplating the Iberian peninsula. Warm and sunny enough and cheap too. Also has the advantage of being easily accessible. I fully expect that the Govermint will alarm sufficient numbers of the voting populace into remaining as to make the transition seamless enough.
    Siestas and copious amounts of plonk. Luvverly!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Well I'm sure those of us making Britain great by selling our services to Europe while w**king from home, have the nous and brains to find opportunities wherever they may present themselves.

FTFY
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Contemplating the Iberian peninsula. Warm and sunny enough and cheap too. Also has the advantage of being easily accessible. I fully expect that the Govermint will alarm sufficient numbers of the voting populace into remaining as to make the transition seamless enough.
        Siestas and copious amounts of plonk. Luvverly!!
        Sounds good, contemplating much the same in about 10 years when the sprog is old enough.
        Have to work now to pay his school fees
        So vote to Remain, it shall be.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          FTFY
          You're just jealous that your is free.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Opting for out but it is a catch 22, both side have enough uncertainty to confuse just about everyone. Don't think anyone has all the facts to make a sound decision and will go with gut feeling.
            It will also be whatever has a direct impact on your life, whatever you can see on your every day life.

This is my gut feeling and what I can see:

I would be all up for IN without blinking if the EU had a EU minimum wage and EU rules, how can you open the borders, have movement freedom yet have such different pay grades. Criminals moving freely across. The EU wants to be a USA with all the States having different rules etc but 1 governing body. Do that but implement the infrastructure to support it before you allow anyone else to join.

Most of the poor EU countries pay £1 to £2.5 an hour. This is for good jobs not crappy jobs. Most of the people earning this money do not want to leave because they value family, friends and life outside work, they don't want to come to UK and be immigrants so think about the people that actually do come. Sexism, Racism and Ageist is extremely common.

For me the main point is the immigration. You cannot have 28 countries yet the population of 10 of these countries flooding 1. The UK has the same land mass (248.5k km2) as 1 particular EU country yet 5 times the population, quarter of that countries population is in the UK anyhow. Bulgaria about 8 million, how many are in the UK? How many children do you think they have?
            France is 3 times as big as the UK, approx same population. Germany is not great with population vs land mass but still not bad with +16 mill people than the UK but also 110k extra km2.
            Honestly I think there are a lot more people in the UK than we are aware of.

What happens if you move most of the people on a boat to one side? It will capsize pure and simple. So unless the UK can somehow improve its infrastructure by 5 times ASAP we will drown. There is no question about it. When (not IF) the UK will collapse what will happen then?

How much of the money that the economical migrants generate actually goes back into the UK economy and not back to their countries to buy houses, create business etc? Housing boomed in Eastern Europe because of all the money from the West, the house prices went up by %500.
            They are here purely to make money and pay as little as possible in return, living 10 in a house paying £200 a month and so forth. Abusing the benefits system (we have plenty of British people doing that already no need to add to it). Not sure if many remember that TV Program showing how Romania and Bulgaria had special training classes showing them how and what to claim once they got to the UK?
            Any idea on how the Health System works there? It is also Free yet if you do not pay the receptionist, the doctor, the cleaning lady, the nurse, the surgeon etc you won't get treated? Of course you would want to come to the UK and abuse the NHS.

We keep talking about freedom of movement and sharing information with EU authorities yet you see criminals with serious criminal pasts coming to the UK unchallenged only to cause grief or worst kill.

Public System and Private System can't cope. NHS, Education, Housing, Transport, Road Traffic, Pollution, Police, Crime etc

A lot of EU rules and regulations do have positive effects but I am not sure that the benefits outweigh the cost paid by the UK. These can be implemented anyhow.

The whole of the EU need a serious restructure before allowing everyone else up to Russia to join in.

Long post but it is quite annoying when you don't live in the middle of it. My facts are based on what I know and see every day, things that have a negative impact on my life. Things that got worse in the past 10+ years. I would either review and amend the whole EU (fat chance) or Brexit and have the UK use a points system as Australia/Canada for allowing whatever work force is needed in the UK. Please feel free to challenge these facts and then tell me how the hell are you going to squeeze in 80 million people in 240k km2. What about the houses they live in?
            The UK has the highest population in the EU per square mile and will most likely become (if it isn't already) the overall highest which will only become worse once the rest of proposed countries join the EU.

Germany: 357 376 km2 @ 81 197 537
            France: 633 187 km2 @ 66 415 161
            UK: 248 528 km² @ 64 875 165

Is the UK going to fail on its own? Don't know but they have a huge weight and will shake the EU to its core if it leaves. Maybe even make them re-think a few things.
            Last edited by Drei; 28 April 2016, 14:36.

Comment

Working...
            X