• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spring IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring IT

Any one heard of spring not paying travel expenses even when clientco asked contractor to go to another site
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
    Any one heard of spring not paying travel expenses even when clientco asked contractor to go to another site
    It depends on whether the client has agreed expenses. It's not the agency who pays them, it's the client and then to you.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No. I'm going through spring at the moment... although I haven't tried claiming expenses through them, a couple of the other contractors here have, and it seemed to work.

Comment

They still owe me 200 quid from a one day-er I did in 2000.....

BASTARDS!!

Comment

Some agencies want to keep things simple(ie, do as little as possible for their wad), so prefer not to pay expenses if they can get away with it.
          Not worked with Spring but had a few conversations with them over the years and prefer not to do business through them so would always chose an alternative agency. Cowboys and wideboys comes to mind but in fairness never met them so it's just an impression I got from a few calls received over the years, also got the feeling they had to feel in control of you...... I once told them I wasn't interested in a position as the rate was rubbish but they tried to turn it around into them kind of rejecting me - 'don't think so buddy' I said, 'I just told you the rate is crap and I don't want YOU putting me forward ya numpty'..or something along those lines.
          Last edited by SuperZ; 21 May 2010, 23:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
            Why would Spring pay travel expenses? The client should pay these. As always, what's in the contract?
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Why would Spring pay travel expenses? The client should pay these. As always, what's in the contract?
              WHS.

1. If "client will pay travel expenses" is written in the contract then you put in a claim for the expenses, get it approved by the client and it's paid.
              2. Otherwise you claim the costs as business expenses and it comes out of your profits.

Simples.
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Yeah, Spring are a dodgy mob. Watch out for any of them facing off for NorthWest contracts...they will sell you out to further their own gain.......not good payers either......they don't chase signoff of timesheets when its their job to do so through their automated system....just a useless mob to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by mavster07 View Post
                  Yeah, Spring are a dodgy mob. Watch out for any of them facing off for NorthWest contracts...they will sell you out to further their own gain.......not good payers either......they don't chase signoff of timesheets when its their job to do so through their automated system....just a useless mob to avoid.
                  My experience too - avoid !!! They advertise contract jobs then try to turn them into fixed rate appointments depending on how gullible (desperate) they think the contractor is. Absolute rob dogs!
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

I remember when they were called Myriad.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X