• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brasi12345 View Post
    just be given my 2 weeks notice for not agreeing to work weekends and stay until 6 on a friday(working away)
    I do 40+ hours a week and was willing to do 10/11/12 hour days monday to thursday.
    Not happy, need to examine paper work
    That's piss poor management imo. Unless it was a condition of you getting the job, the client co sound like a bunch of nobs.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by brasi12345 View Post
      Just be given my 2 weeks' notice for not agreeing to work weekends and stay until 6 on a Friday (working away).

I do 40+ hours a week and was willing to do 10/11/12 hour days Monday to Thursday.
      Huh? Idiots.

Nobody can realistically work without any time off. ("7 days a week" implies there's a break, but there isn't.)

I made a rule for myself as a Director of MyLtdCo that I would never force the MyLtdCo employee to exceed the European Working Hours Directive. (Unless it suits me, of course ) That makes a good rule of thumb for what is considered 'reasonable'.

To expect someone to work EVERY day is a 19th century attitude.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

A friend of mine is a spark for the MOD.

a couple of years ago he worked approx 7 months, every single day, 12 hour shifts.

He wasn't required to do it, but was happy to get the OT.

Different world we live in in IT contracting.

Comment

Each to their own, but companies think they can extract the urine at the moment, asking for pay cuts, more hours etc. And because they are those willing to take it, then they can justify it.
          For me, I’ve just refused to do longer hours. Contract was up for renewal so they tried it on. At renewal, I turned tables and asked for a rise… and got it.
          In the end, you got to be willing to walk away tho’

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            The role was actually in the UK, but they expected you so stay late every night, so that you could sync-up with US time. Needless to say, I told them where to shove it.

Nomadd
            Eh? To sync up with say New York you would have to be at your desk in the ole smoke at 10pm if they were say opening at 8-9am over there.

That's not just staying late, that's staying all fooking night! You getting paid for that @ 1.5*hourly rate?
            Last edited by TiroFijo; 22 October 2009, 07:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
              Each to their own, but companies think they can extract the urine at the moment
              Thy can have mine, I'll be quite happy to piss on a few of them.

Comment

Working...
              X