• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TV

Feeling that more money than sense moment approaching and looking at one of these.

Samsung UE65 F9000
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Feeling that more money than sense moment approaching and looking at one of these.

Samsung UE65 F9000
    for £5K you would have thought having made it with almost no Border and very slim it would go flat against the wall and they had thought about where to put the IR receiver before they put the trim on, still looks good though.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

INKSPE

Samsung offers us TV the way it’s meant to be seen: on a 110-inch monster screen | RocketNews24

Comment

Is 4k worth it, has anyone seen one running?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Is 4k worth it, has anyone seen one running?
          You've not been to Fenwicks where they have a couple insane size TVs on display?

It definitely looks good but I'll wait until there is content available and the delivery formats have been agreed.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Looking at insane TVs doesn't answer the question, it's like saying solar power is great for the UK because it works in Arizona

Also, are those amazing TVs amazing because they're 4k, or because of other features?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Looking at insane TVs doesn't answer the question, it's like saying solar power is great for the UK because it works in Arizona

Also, are those amazing TVs amazing because they're 4k, or because of other features?
              if you look at the Sony one its the 4k and screen quality as the actual surround is beyond
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

1. There is no 4K content
                2. There's a bunch of cheaper high-quality 4K displays coming from the likes of Polaroid etc.

You just know it won't be worth half the price by the end of the year so how about you give me half that money and I'll get you 4K display for that?

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
                  1. There is no 4K content
                  2. There's a bunch of cheaper high-quality 4K displays coming from the likes of Polaroid etc.

You just know it won't be worth half the price by the end of the year so how about you give me half that money and I'll get you 4K display for that?
                  Have done the deed. :-)

I am fully aware of the lack of content at the moment, missing HDMI 2.0, Missing Bluray for 4k and the other issues, that is why I went for the Samsung as it seems to have the best upgrade path when these things come to fruition.

Watched a program on dolphins last night with Mrs Scrag and some of it even in upscaled HD looked like you were looking through a window at an aquarium.

Loads of addional apps, direct I-Player, ITV Player etc.., Skype, Web Browser, Direct DLNA.

I think my PS3 bar playing Blu Ray is beoming redundant.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I struggle to think of any scenario where I'd spend £5k on a TV, regardless of my bank balance. For me that's "lottery win" level of spending.

Comment

Working...
                    X