• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macbook Air for coding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by London75 View Post
    Same here, screen res is the killer for Visual Studio though hence Air is now sold and getting a MacBook Pro when they release the new one.
    I only use VS for debugging IE as a rule. I find it an utterly horrible development environment, and I say that as a regular Eclipse user!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I only use VS for debugging IE as a rule. I find it an utterly horrible development environment, and I say that as a regular Eclipse user!
      Well it's a better development environment than a source control / sprint management / bug tracking systems. Ms's attempts to shoehorn those tools into tfs are beyond tulip
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        You're a lunatic. I'm updating my project and XCode 4.5 is just a stupid piece of crap in comparison.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Using 11" MBA with 8GB of RAM.
          My IDE is often a cool 80x40 terminal window so it just about fits

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You're a lunatic. I'm updating my project and XCode 4.5 is just a stupid piece of crap in comparison.
            I never mentioned Xcode

Comment

I never said you did, but even Eclipse is good in comparison. Actually Eclipse is quite good. But VS is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I never said you did, but even Eclipse is good in comparison. Actually Eclipse is quite good. But VS is the best.
                Clearly you've never used IntelliJ
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Speaking of XCode, I noticed my MacBook has turned an the fan full-whack which normally only happens when building a big project, and it wasn't doing anything.

A quick check in Activity Monitor revealed XCode was using 138% CPU. No wonder it was taxing the system!

Comment

Working...
                  X