• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 8.1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 8.1

Ok, installed it, not bad, and I'm an Applehead. Install Vmware vShpere ok, said it did it, but how the feck do you find the icon to start it?

Help!

IS that it released?

I notice my desktop has a restart scheduled for today but not on my laptop, if I look to see the windows update screen for the system screen on the laptop the window hangs.

Comment

8.1 is going to be relased in October (18th IIRC), 8.1 is currently available as a "Preview" from the microsoft website.

You can also download server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and SQL 2014

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Ok, installed it, not bad, and I'm an Applehead. Install Vmware vShpere ok, said it did it, but how the feck do you find the icon to start it?

Help!
        I had a similar issue when I installed Terminals.

Try typing in VMware when your on the modern ui screen (!desktop). If the search finds it, right click on the icon and then say pin to taskbar. When in desktop mode you should then see the icon on the taskbar.

If that fails, in desktop mode locate the VMware folder and find the relevant exe and create a shortcut for it on the desktop.

I quite like Win8 but they need to sort the search out and the mail app. Unless of course there is a better way of doing the above.

Comment

Working...
        X