• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SatNav recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SatNav recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good SatNav unit for the car? I've used TomTom GoLive 820 with traffic updates for the past year which has been good. But now they want charge nearly £50 for live updates for 12mths + nearly the same for maps updates. For those sort of prices (and considering the street names in maps never seem to be accurate sometimes) I may as well look at getting a new unit.

Live traffic updates are very important. Not so bothered above speed camera locations but it might be good to have anyway. Budget would be around £150.
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Don't know if you can get them for your TomTom, as I've still got an old TomTom Go but I go a dongle type thing for it years ago that provides free traffic updates. Think they were about £30 or £40 new, but I got one second hand on ebay

It was a Tom Tom accessory that connected via USB and then provided another usb socket for connecting to your cigar lighter to power the Tom Tom

Might be worth investigating anyway
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
    X