• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Router?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Router?

After a better router than the standard given to me by my ISP, mainly one that allows me to VPN into my LAN when I am away from the office, anyone got any recommendations?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    After a better router than the standard given to me by my ISP, mainly one that allows me to VPN into my LAN when I am away from the office, anyone got any recommendations?
    adsl or virgin?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      adsl or virgin?
      ADSL
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Which Router?

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        ADSL
        Apple Airport? I got one, the BT HomeHub was awful, kids ringing me every couple of days 'Dad, Internet not working'.

Airport is rock solid, dunno if it does VPN tho, pretty sure I saw it in the menus mind...

Comment

Draytek are the only way to go, rock solid stability.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

+1 I'm about to upgrade from my Vigor 2820Vn as I've just got BT Infinity. I'll only consider a Draytek to replace it.
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

I like my ASUS RT-N66U but its doesn't do the adsl side of things.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Google is your best freind

Read the customer comments to decide Amazon.co.uk: vpn router

Comment

Make Sure

When you VPN into your LAN make sure you are on a totally encrypted connection with a sniffer on I can read your traffic.WI fI easy to sniff your traffic.If your LAN admin is on the ball the LAN server should be cutting off your connection after 45 minutes of non use by yourself. On your laptop you should have everything encrypted using
                  freeware TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux If stolen sezzed by the Feds or Customs nobody but nobody can read your vital information.

Comment

+1 for draytek. never had a problem in many many years.
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                    X