• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Adjustable desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Adjustable desk

    I really don't think I'm going to get any sensible answers...but....

    I want a desk that I can stand up at. This looks like something I'm after Airtouch from Steelcase but I need to have room for dual 24 inch monitors, laptop and a keyboard.

    Has anyone used, seen, experienced anything that might fit the bill?

    #2
    Like this?

    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

    Comment


      #3
      Or this?

      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #4
        or just get a couple of these...

        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks, the wordpress link led me to this site

          Biomorph

          Looks pretty good - shame they don't deliver to the UK. But its a starting point.
          Last edited by woohoo; 18 March 2013, 19:55.

          Comment


            #6
            Does it need to be adjustable? And does it need to be a traditional desk?

            I built myself a massive work area using an un-needed kitchen worktop, Ikea sell big beefy metal legs you can use... you could of course attach them to a normal desktop but they do both fixed and adjustable ones (though you wouldn't be able to adjust the desk once built easily).

            This one goes up to 107cm, I've no idea if that's enough but it must be close-ish.
            VIKA BYSKE Leg - IKEA

            But anyway I do think you might be off with some DIY if this is for a home office and your concern is functionality rather than beauty.

            Interested to know how this pans out, I should probably look into it too really.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Does it need to be adjustable? And does it need to be a traditional desk?

              I built myself a massive work area using an un-needed kitchen worktop, Ikea sell big beefy metal legs you can use... you could of course attach them to a normal desktop but they do both fixed and adjustable ones (though you wouldn't be able to adjust the desk once built easily).

              This one goes up to 107cm, I've no idea if that's enough but it must be close-ish.
              VIKA BYSKE Leg - IKEA

              But anyway I do think you might be off with some DIY if this is for a home office and your concern is functionality rather than beauty.

              Interested to know how this pans out, I should probably look into it too really.
              Yep its needs to be adjustable, this seems to fit the bill again humanscale.com - $2k, do have a seller in the UK based in London.

              Comment


                #8
                When you say adjustable do you mean during daily use i.e. switch from standing to sitting mode?

                A couple of grand for what looks pretty basic desk which can go up & down seems very expensive. I'd be tempted to look at office re-sale/clearance personally.

                ClientCo installs their software in a control centre where they have these incredible hydraulic desks about 20" long for each operator... they showed us once the crumpled remains of a metal bin which had 'accidentally' got squashed.

                Or...

                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  When you say adjustable do you mean during daily use i.e. switch from standing to sitting mode?

                  A couple of grand for what looks pretty basic desk which can go up & down seems very expensive. I'd be tempted to look at office re-sale/clearance personally.

                  ClientCo installs their software in a control centre where they have these incredible hydraulic desks about 20" long for each operator... they showed us once the crumpled remains of a metal bin which had 'accidentally' got squashed.

                  Or...

                  Yep it needs to be adjustable at various times of the day.

                  I sit at my desk from 7.30 to 6.00 with an hour break. I run 4 times a week and walk the dogs but there is a lot of evidence that sitting all day is a killer even with regular exercise. On top of all that I'm nearing 40 with high blood pressure, so I'm looking at options for extending my life.

                  I've read articles where people have managed about 70% of their time standing at their desk, so I'm aiming for this goal.

                  Great pic of using multiple tables stacked But I do need something that will handle two large monitors, laptop screen and keyboard.

                  2k is a fair bit of cash but if its something that I use everyday then I won't feel so guilty.

                  And if it extends my life by one week then that extra invoice week would pay for the desk

                  Comment


                    #10
                    fella in the council office i work in has a height adjustable desk, he is over 6 foot and suffers with a bad back so they supplied him with this desk that goes up and down, not sure how high it goes but the desk is exactly the same as all the others in the office other than the electics /fittings underneath, it just looks like a standard desk so i would expect there availble from a normal office desk supplier

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X