• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3rd Party Controls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Party Controls

Do any of you use 3rd party controls like Telerik/DevExpress when creating a product for a client?

I want to be able to create really good looking UI's in the quickest time possible and it would be nice to buy say a Telerik subscription through my company so that I can build the UI using their controls.

However, the product I create has to be maintained/developed further after I delivered it and left the client thus the client will need a license to continue working on it.

How do some of you get round this? Do you ask them if you can use the controls up front and explain that they need to buy a license? Or do you all simply use the built in controls that come with Visual Studio?

I want the wow factor from the client without the 'oh by the way, if any of your developers need to work on this, you'll need to spend 10k'

Part of my plan B uses Krypton. It's reasonably priced and looks slick.

(Edit There is a free set too, but it doesn't support everything that I need.

Component Factory - Windows Forms Control, User Interface Controls, Tab control VB.Net, tab c#

But you do *have* to buy it up front first. Not sure if that helps.
    Last edited by RasputinDude; 6 December 2012, 16:25. Reason: further detail

Comment

Working...
    X