• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting Microsoft software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Microsoft software

Whats the cheapest easiest way to get legally all the microsoft software? I want to get the back office stuff (sql server, exchange, 2003 server etc) and also the development stuff (visual studio etc) but don't really to buy all the packages individually....

Only want to use them for testing/ development and a bit of myco use...

Trial versions are available for short periods 90, 180 days here
    otherwise MSDN subscription

but I'm sure someone will be along after the footie to provide better info.

MG
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Start here:

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/partner/...?page=contents

And use Visual Studio Express or BUY Visual Studio 2005.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Let it be known that you're a local government director thinking of moving to Linux.

OK then - look into Microsoft Small Business Partner scheme. I think that's what it's called.

Comment

Cheers Monkey that looks just what I want..

Anyone have the link to the msdn subscription? Microsofts site is such a chuffing mare to navigate round

Comment

MS action pack gets you all the PC and server stuff.

Microsoft Business Contact Manager Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard (1, 10)
            Microsoft ISA Server 2004 (1, 10)
            Microsoft ISA Service Pack 1 Multilingual Pack Not Applicable
            Microsoft Live Communication Server 2005 (1, 10)
            Microsoft MapPoint* (1, 1)
            Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 (1, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 (10, 10)
            Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft OneNote 2003 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Workgroup Edition (10, Not Applicable)Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition (1 10)
            Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition including Service Pack 1 (1, 10)
            Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Web Edition (1, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Windows Sharepoint Services Standard 2003 (1, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition including Service Pack 1 (1, 10)
            Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition including Service Pack 2 (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition (10, Not Applicable)
            Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition (10, Not Applicable)

where (xx,yy) xx = No. of licences and yy = No. of CALs
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Cheapest way to get MS Software

Become a Microsoft Partner and then Apply for the Action Pack subscription. Total Cost £200 plus VAT.

I got SQL Server and Visual Studio for free when attending the launch event. I should at some point get Biztalk which is not in the Action Pack although the Developer's version is somewhere circa £400.

Comment

Working...
              X