• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE webinar: What does a post IR35 reform CV look like? : Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM BST More details here.

Learn C#

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Learn C#

    Are there any good books that you lot can suggest? I've done a fair amount in VBA but want to use something proper.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

    I preferred version 1!

    #2
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Are there any good books that you lot can suggest? I've done a fair amount in VBA but want to use something proper.
    Professional C# 4.0 and .NET 4 (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)

    Comment


      #3
      I used this
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Vi...2129979&sr=8-1

      and a tulip load of google.

      I prefer my learning to be task orientated so last year I set myself a nice big project to do in c# and got started.
      Coffee's for closers

      Comment


        #4
        Andy Troelson

        Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        I set myself a nice big project to do in c# and got started.
        How's it going?
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Andy Troelson



          How's it going?
          Hello World
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by eek View Post
            Hello World
            1337 skillz right there.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              Andy Troelson



              How's it going?
              partners on board and possible commercial release in 6 months
              Whether it makes any money or not is a completely different matter altogether but it does address what I think is a gap in the market
              Coffee's for closers

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                partners on board and possible commercial release in 6 months
                Whether it makes any money or not is a completely different matter altogether but it does address what I think is a gap in the market
                Was also interested in whether you saw that approach as working for you in learning C#?

                You now a c# guru?
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I did C++ for 15 years, and then got a C# contract. I'd recommend that approach.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                    Was also interested in whether you saw that approach as working for you in learning C#?

                    You now a c# guru?
                    It worked for me as being a personal project I could spend longer researching how to do stuff rather than just blindly copy and pasting from stack overflow and the like.

                    The only bad side is that I've limited what I've had to learn; I wasn't interested in building a front end, so I've still no/very little forms experience
                    Coffee's for closers

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X