• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK based web hosting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK based web hosting

Need a good (and cheap) uk based web hosting co. Must be uk based for google page rank reasons. Don't need databases, CMS or any such. Just plenty of bandwidth and flat html / css / include files and images.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Need a good (and cheap) uk based web hosting co. Must be uk based for google page rank reasons. Don't need databases, CMS or any such. Just plenty of bandwidth and flat html / css / include files and images.
    Mine is through Vidahost cheap but very very good and with a cusstomer service that is second to none, I got a 10% discount voucher too
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've used Easyspace 2-3 times recently, seems very good. I'd recommend.

I seem to recall that you can tell Google that a foreign hosted website is actually a UK one, I don't remember how, but I did it once for a site which is now #1 in the rankings for its niche. A Google search will no doubt reveal the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        You could host it with me Suity and know that you were contributing to a fellow CUK member.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

+1 for vidahost.

GE

Comment

+2 for Vidahost - decent prices and superb support.

Comment

I've always found rochen to be excellent.

Comment

Geographical location of a website does not affect PageRank (but UK based stuff will often rank better for UK queries).

eukhost.com is pretty good for VPS

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Mine is through Vidahost cheap but very very good and with a cusstomer service that is second to none, I got a 10% discount voucher too
                  WSMS
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I have a dedicated server from Ukhosting DOT com DOT uk and I can say it has given me no trouble. The server is based in a data centre in Madenhead and is pretty good for the money. I have around 160 sites hosted on the server - the server is managed (granted from india) and is very cheap. When I had a VPS with the same company it was a real pain but the dedi server has been a joy for the past almost 2 years or so.

I would recommend getting a dedicated managed server from the company i have mentioned. BTW I have no affiliation with them at all. I tried a few other hosts but the prices were bonkers and the support was pretty crapppy.

Comment

Working...
                    X