• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XBMC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC

Anyone here running XBMC?

Looking to start using it for DVD streaming, curious what hardware ppl are running it on, have a Rasberry Pi on order, so thats an option, thinking about Apple TV2 (if I can find one!)
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Originally posted by portseven View Post

Looking to start using it for DVD streaming, curious what hardware ppl are running it on, have a Rasberry Pi on order, so thats an option, thinking about Apple TV2 (if I can find one!)
    Yep, i am. It's great. Running it on an Acer Revo (paid approx £180 for it a year or so ago) with Linux (Fedora 14).

Also got SABnzbd running in the background

Does the Raspberry Pi have sound? (didn't think it did)
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

AUDIO

Is sound over HDMI supported?

Yes.

What about standard audio in and out?

There’s a standard 3.5mm jack for audio out. You can add any supported USB microphone for audio in.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Meant to be very good on Apple TV2 although they are now going for silly money on Ebay compared with what they were before ATV3 was released.
        Loads of info on here -

http://forum.xbmc.org/index.php

I'm holiding out in the hope that Seas0nPass manage to jailbreak the ATV3...

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          Yep, i am. It's great. Running it on an Acer Revo (paid approx £180 for it a year or so ago) with Linux (Fedora 14).

Also got SABnzbd running in the background

Does the Raspberry Pi have sound? (didn't think it did)
          Yes it has sound, either through the HDMI cable or via the 3.5mm stereo connector.

It will quite happily run XBMC

http://youtu.be/z7qoFfC6nvI

Comment

I used to use one back in the days when it actually ran on an xbox. Now days I use a popcorn hour, a little box that doesnt cost that much and just plays everything over the network with no problems. If mine broke tomorrow, id buy another one instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
              Meant to be very good on Apple TV2 although they are now going for silly money on Ebay compared with what they were before ATV3 was released.
              Loads of info on here -

http://forum.xbmc.org/index.php

I'm holiding out in the hope that Seas0nPass manage to jailbreak the ATV3...
              That's what I am holding out for too, appletv is the right form factor, plus e remote is good too. The ATV2 go for a premium now!
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

That's what I am holding out for too, appletv is the right form factor, plus e remote is good too. The ATV2 go for a premium now!
                From what I've read it's probably worth buying an ATV3 now as the thoughts are that once (if) a Jailbreak for it is released they will update the software on all future ones to stop the jailbreak working.
                They're about £85 on ebay atm so I'll probaby get one and then just sell it again if they really can't work out a jailbreak for it..!
                Like you say I think they are a good platform for XBMC and there's a large community of people out there using & developing for them. If a jailbreak does come up for ATV3 it will give the whole thing another boost as well.

Comment

Working...
                X