• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimdo.com Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimdo.com Website

Has anyone ever used • Create a Free Website with our Website Builder - Jimdo for website design / hosting. Will be interested in any comments/feedback anyone has.

Thanks

Without knowing anything about Jimdo, i would hope that this is not for a business related thing. If it is, you will look a whole lot more professional by forking out a whole £40 or so to get your own domain.

I can't see "Look Mr IR35 inspector, I've got my own website. it's called MyCo.Jimdo.co.uk and I got it for nothing to try and get one over on you" working too well.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Without knowing anything about Jimdo, i would hope that this is not for a business related thing. If it is, you will look a whole lot more professional by forking out a whole £40 or so to get your own domain.

I can't see "Look Mr IR35 inspector, I've got my own website. it's called MyCo.Jimdo.co.uk and I got it for nothing to try and get one over on you" working too well.

I was looking at the Jimdo Pro package where you can choose your own domain (MyCo.co.uk) and email address for £60 / year.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        I was looking at the Jimdo Pro package where you can choose your own domain (MyCo.co.uk) and email address for £60 / year.
        Bit steep for a domain / email.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          WHS.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

£60 includes website design using available templates etc and hosting as well as domain name and email for 12 months.
            Last edited by kaiser78; 24 April 2012, 08:04.

Comment

I would recommend Vidahost basic package is £17 a year, they self install for Wordpress which can give you a very professional looking website with minimal outlay
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

£60 includes website design using available templates etc and hosting as well as domain name and email for 12 months.
                Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                WHS.
                +1

Kaiser, that isnt just expensive or a bit steep, that is daylight robbery.

Sites like 1and1 offer .co.uk domains, emails, site building tools, all for £5 per year (£10 approx per two years).

Many free hosters, offer site builder tools as well. One host I use a lot is the one linked to below. Lets you use php and other scripting, plenty of space, good bandwith, no ads, sitebuilder, etc etc:

Free Web Hosting with PHP, MySQL and cPanel, No Ads

Then if you dont want you webpage looking tacky with some sitebuilding tools, just google "free css templates". Thousands to choose from, editing and personalising is childs play and bam, you have a professional looking site.

The point is, many offer much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much more for a lot less or even for free.

Comment

+1 have to agree with the above, £60 is a bit excessive.

I'm also using vidahost for my cloud reseller package and so far so good

GE

Comment

Also check to make sure you own the domain not just renting it. Otherwise how are you going to take it with you when you leave.

I have all the .net/.co.uk/.ltd.uks for my ltd co name (which is short under 10 letters) and makes getting e-mails a doddle.

Comment

Working...
                    X