• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SQL SProc Encryption

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQL SProc Encryption

Hey,

Long story short...
    Clients live & test databases (SQL2008) stored procs are created With Encryption.

The client wants me to push some of the stored procs on test to live, but they didnt exactly keep an updated set of scripts or so forth.

Is there a program out there which will decrypt sprocs?

Alot of other people suggest using these people: elitude.net. But they cost $99 and I need something for free.

Anybody hit this problem before?

Cheers

here's one, haven't tried it myself though.

I remember dealing with this years ago and it was very easy to decrypt them, maybe things have changed in the new versions of Sql Server.

Comment

one small bump, then ill move along

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        here's one, haven't tried it myself though.

I remember dealing with this years ago and it was very easy to decrypt them, maybe things have changed in the new versions of Sql Server.
        Thanks JMO21, that didnt work but thanks for the link, it gives me somewhere to start. - I guess they moved things around in 2008.

(Oops - no need for that bump )

Comment

Working...
        X