• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High frequency, low latency Java

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High frequency, low latency Java

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows a good book / course on high frequency, low latency programming in Java please?

Thx

Originally posted by kevinlam View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows a good book / course on high frequency, low latency programming in Java please?

Thx
    Use C.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Use C.
      But seriously, any books or courses? I found a lot of high paying contract has this requirement.

Comment

But seriously, any books or courses? I found a lot of high paying contract has this requirement.
        Wouldn't you you might need some experience with this sort of thing before you can get a contract doing it? Anyway, I couldn't find any books but a search came up with a bunch of papers and some frameworks.

Comment

Those contracts are for people with years of experience in the technoloy and the business. Do you have either?

Comment

Got to start somewhere.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Got to start somewhere.
              How about writing your own low-latency, multi-threaded JRE, now that would be a good start...
              Anyway, I'm waiting on low-latency JS

Comment

Sorry it's high paying because its a closed shop and buying a book won't get you in.

You need to start in a bank and move roles inside it proving you have the ability along the way once you have High Latency experience you will be able to go for jobs in that area. You will also get more work by association because others know your name. I used to do hardware engineering on High latency trading systems. The same names were always in the frame and you could almost tell who had built the box because there would be fingerprints all over it...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  You need to start in a bank and move roles inside it proving you have the ability along the way once you have High Latency experience you will be able to go for jobs in that area.
                  I'd have thought high latency programming is a relatively easy thing to pick up. In fact, Java is probably the ideal tool.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I went to a HFT conference about a year ago. One complaint was that some exchanges are stupid enough to code in Java - it messes everyone up. Some times are as high as 70ms. Users are looking to move to the hundreds of nanosecond range.

Comment

Working...
                    X