• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firefox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I did try chrome for a while

Didn't like the flurry of targeted ads
    Have you tried Chromium instead?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      It's a bug:
      Google Groups

and it has to do with Instant Search. In fact I have lost Instant Search altogether on both XP an Linux after upgrading to 10.02. In your case if you still have it, try disabling it from Google preferences.

Strangely enough I never have problems when I use Firefox nighly, though it's the bleeding edge:

Index of /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/11.0b7-candidates/build1
      I'd already seen that report although it suggests it affects v9.x.x
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
        JSON is a Firefox bookmark file. Maybe you are pressing ctrl+shift+b by mistake? Start firefox from command line : firefox -profilemanager

Remove your current profile and create a new one. But let me guess, did you upgrade straight from 3.6 to 10.02?
        You sure about that ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
        X