• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java files on 64 bit PC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java files on 64 bit PC

Antivirus says various java files, program files\...java.exe, javac.exe, bin\java.exe etc have major vunerabilities and need updating but update only changes the program files(x86) versions so same vulnerabilities keep getting reported.

Can I just delete the program files versions on a 64 bit PC? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I get this problem as well. I just ignore it. IIRC, when I researched it, that was also the advice.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You can manually uninstall the 64 bit java JRE or JDK in the usual programs control panel, then either forget about it or install the latest 64 bit version.

Tis a bit of a nuisance isn't it.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Cheers for answers. All works at mo so ignore I think.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X