• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software suppliers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software suppliers

Need to get Vb.net as cheap as pos. Any (legal) recommendations. Ta.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth
    Need to get Vb.net as cheap as pos. Any (legal) recommendations. Ta.
    http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

vb express

http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun

We are incredibly excited to announce that effective April 19th, 2006, all Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions including Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express will be free permanently!

Prior to this pricing announcement, Visual Studio Express Editions were promotionally discounted to be free for one year, starting on November 7th, 2005. With this announcement, the promotional discount for Visual Studio Express is now permanent and Express will continue to be free.

The key reason for the pricing change was you. You’ve helped make Visual Studio Express a runaway hit, and we’re proud to announce that in the five months since its launch, Express has been downloaded over 5 million times!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Isn't express a bit limited in functionality though?

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
          Isn't express a bit limited in functionality though?
          depends what functionality xoggoth needs...
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Need to upgrade look of our nature progs, esp. for special needs (dim to to you lot) kids. They are a bit adulty looking due to clunky standard windows interface. Like to lose that standard menu/toolbar look.

I daresay more limited free editions would do the job, but I think one can spend a lot of time getting round the limitations and I don't have a lot at mo. Eg I gather the full version has a VB6 to VB.net conversion wizard? However, free version worth having a fiddle with to get into. Cheers.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 30 April 2006, 10:11.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

[QUOTE=xoggothEg I gather the full version has a VB6 to VB.net conversion wizard?.[/QUOTE]

Yes that was a major disadvantage with the full version [I guess it might have improved since 2001 though]

TBH the express edition is lilkely to cover everything you need to get started. I can't remember what's missing from it, but it did seem OK when I downloaded them before discovering employer has full MSDN.

Comment

I get a dozen or so emails every day offering very cheap software in exchange for my credit card details. I can start redirecting them to you if you like.

Comment

QBS Software might be good for that

Comment

Working...
                  X