• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ARIS toolset

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARIS toolset

Anybody got any experience with using this for modelling business processes?

Any opinion compared to other case tools like Enterprise Architect?

Thanks

Yes, it's crap and unwieldy and you'll only use about 10% of the functionality because setting up process simulation is too complex.

HP Application Lifecycle Management/Quality Center is a better tool for BPA.

Nimbus ES and BonitaSoft are good tools for business as usual BPM. EA is very good if you can start from a Requirements Management perspective.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I 'have' to use it because it is the tool of choice of the architects where I am at the moment. The things I like about it are listed below ...

ENDS.

Comment

Wow, that good!

We use QC for bug tracking but I don't know about the others, I'll give them a look tonight.

Would I be right in thinking that it is mainly for places that use SAP?

Comment

Generally but not exclusively, parts of BT that didn't have SAP had ARIS.

And you'll need the latest version of QC to get the best out of it.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Meant to use it at current ClientCo but managed to dodge it for now.

Without the proper business buy in and support its generally a waste of time.
            Beer
            is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X