• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NAS recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Hasn't lion messed up all NAS systems due to changes made to AFP. In theory netatalk 2 has all the fixes but I'm not sure who is testing it let alone planning to rapdily implement it.

I think if your using Apple the current sensible choice would be a time machine.
    Iomega have released a patch (firmware upgrade) that's suposed to have fixed it. But even though timemachine will now connect and can see the drive it timesout on trying a full backup. So, they haven't really fixed it.

Comment

Synology ds1010+ working fine for me. Installed it around a year ago and no problems since.

Paid for itself already having had 2 laptops that have screwed up, losing the data (on the laptops) in the process.

Comment

Working...
      X