• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SQL Server 2008 Developer - Evaluation expired??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQL Server 2008 Developer - Evaluation expired??

I purchased SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition and installed it on my laptop about 6 months ago. Now when I run SQL Server Management Studio, it says:

Evaluation period has expired. For information on how to upgrade your evaluation software please go to http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy

WTF? I did buy it! Or is the management studio an added extra?? Anyone had this?

Ta.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Hmm, well I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and it works again. Odd. Perhaps I forgot to 'activate' it or something.

I'll see what happens in another 6 months!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
      Hmm, well I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and it works again. Odd. Perhaps I forgot to 'activate' it or something.

I'll see what happens in another 6 months!
      Bizarre, that's not happened to mine

did you enter the key when installing?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Bizarre, that's not happened to mine

did you enter the key when installing?
        Yeah. You have to... unless I stupidly selected the Enterprise trial or something the first time round.

Having a bit of a dense day... must be the snow!

Comment

Working...
        X