• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

Hi, I am new here.

I’m sorry if this is not the right place for this post, but I was hoping some one here on forums.contractoruk.com would be able to assist me access yahoo from work as it it is restricted.

Any help would be wounderful

Thanks ;-

Get yerself a smartphone and access it that way.

As for your company PC, It'll be on your company's centrally located restricted list. Even if you did get around it you'ed be breaking your t&c's and disciplined if not fired if your admin checked their logs or were alerted to your behaviour.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by GlilsQueque View Post
      Hi, I am new here.

I’m sorry if this is not the right place for this post, but I was hoping some one here on forums.contractoruk.com would be able to assist me access yahoo from work as it it is restricted.

Any help would be wounderful

Thanks ;-
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Got to be the first ever troll in Technical.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Got to be the first ever troll in Technical.
          Especially as their first post.

I was surprised the troll didn't ask "How do I access Playboy.com / Playgirl.com from work?"
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

its some kind of spambot.

If you search Google for "I’m sorry if this is not the right place for this post, but I was hoping some one here on"

you will find tonnes of similar posts where forums.contractoruk.com is replaced with the target forum, and yahoo is replaced with youtube or similar.

e.g. this site has one such post

Comment

Cheers for reporting this one. Been watching the profile just to see if a signature was added or a homepage link in the profile. Is strange that it has done nothing on here.

Comment

Oh.

This is a new one on me. It was actually attached to a BBC related post in General.

My mistake.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  Especially as their first post.

I was surprised the troll didn't ask "How do I access Playboy.com / Playgirl.com from work?"
                  GlilsQueque. Sounds real enough to me.

Now, about getting access to Playboy. You were saying...
                  Last edited by nomadd; 28 November 2010, 17:49.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

What is the purpose of this sort of thing?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X