• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Browser ad blocking software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser ad blocking software

Can the congregation suggest decent browser ad blocking software?

My default browser is Opera.

Ta.

Have you tried the built-in content blocker?

Comment

Don't Opera users, as the self-titled web elite, normally know this stuff?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Didn't want to bore people with the detail but I am using the in-built blocker but am finding that I am having to block adds manually on every page of a particular site I go to e.g. The Telegraph.

Not sure if this is the way it works but thought I'd see if a third party ad blocker was any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Didn't want to bore people with the detail but I am using the in-built blocker but am finding that I am having to block adds manually on every page of a particular site I go to e.g. The Telegraph.

Not sure if this is the way it works but thought I'd see if a third party ad blocker was any better.
          I use a modified hosts file, which has a few advantages. There's no software to buy or install, and the fact that your browser is never able to locate the ads in the first place means they're never even downloaded - reducing bandwidth used and reducing the time taken to load a website.

Maybe give this one a go.
          You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Working...
          X