• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IE problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE problem

Suddenly IE gives not found on any new page but when I click refresh it's fine. Tried all the obvious, cleaning cookies, cache, disabling addins, reset plus some solutions on net with no result.

Anyone had this and found a solution apart from reinstalling? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I would look at your DNS settings - what does IPCONFIG /ALL report as your DND - does it look correct?

Are you using BT Internet? - thay have been doing some strange things with DNS over the last week..
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Thanks for reply. Not quite sure what I am looking for in results of that but nothing obviously out of place, no error messages.

Not BT and other machines in house and other browsers on this one work ok, inc 64bit IE, so seems to be something very specific to 32 bit IE. Diagnosy things find nowt.

Could use the 32 bit vn but then I have to figure out how to get flash and other addins installed.

PS It seems ok now so is an intermittent problem. Thought I'd fixed it yesterday by running System Mechanic optimisation but it started again this afternoon. Bum.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 11 October 2010, 18:37.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Some Microsoft glitches aren't worth spending the time trying to resolve. Just ditch IE and install Firefox.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
        X