• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Blackberry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Blackberry

So my ancient company Blackberry (8700) has finally died on it's arse and I can request a replacement.

Choices are :

Curve 8900
    Bold 9000

No idea about Blackberrys. What would the congregation recommend? Cost not an issue as I'm not paying for it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

8900 curve is the one I went for. Love it.

Although the more recent blackberries don't seem to have the tracker ball,

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      So my ancient company Blackberry (8700) has finally died on it's arse and I can request a replacement.

Choices are :

Curve 8900
      Bold 9000

No idea about Blackberrys. What would the congregation recommend? Cost not an issue as I'm not paying for it.
      Does it have to be a Blackberry?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        Does it have to be a Blackberry?
        Yep, fraid so. Company policy, they have the full Blackberry Enterprise solution in place. No non-Blackberry or personal phones allowed to connect inside the corporate environment.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Had a Curve 8800 in my last contract which was a solid performer.

At the time, The Bold 9000 had just come out and I looked at one slightly larger size but a much better (sharper) screen.

I'm guessing the Curve 8900 has a similar screen to the Bold.

Personally, If so, I'd go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Yep, fraid so. Company policy, they have the full Blackberry Enterprise solution in place. No non-Blackberry or personal phones allowed to connect inside the corporate environment.
            I hear the Blackberry Desire is pretty Good. Only kidding, I don't know much about Blackberry Phones. So, I wish you luck in finding one.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
            X