• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swype

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swype

Just got a beta version installed on my Nokia N97. Very impressed with it. Quite fast and painless. I think it might catch on.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just got a beta version installed on my Nokia N97. Very impressed with it. Quite fast and painless. I think it might catch on.
    Samsung have exclusive rights to Swype which might limit how much it catches on
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Impressive.

Does it detect pressure so it knows which letter to input during the Swype?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Samsung have exclusive rights to Swype which might limit how much it catches on
        I guess the other mobile phone manufacturers must have nicked it then.
        Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Impressive.

Does it detect pressure so it knows which letter to input during the Swype?
        It works through following the path taken by your finger, coupled with a database of words. For double letters, you kind of doing a stutter on that letter as you pass through. I was dubious to start off with, but it does work - faster and easier than text messaging, or typing on small keyboard.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I guess the other mobile phone manufacturers must have nicked it then.
          They signed samsung first for a sizeable amount which is when I stopped keeping track, I assumed they had an exclusive but you're right, they don't.

Still, looks like swype have definitely gone OEM only.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
          X