• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help Please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please!

Help please..

Using my f’ing Vista Laptop I managed by a slip of a finger to delete a folder of data. It did not go to the Recycle bin.

Any suggestions on utilities to restore the files that do work will be appreciated.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Help please..

Using my f’ing Vista Laptop I managed by a slip of a finger to delete a folder of data. It did not go to the Recycle bin.

Any suggestions on utilities to restore the files that do work will be appreciated.
    Try this:

Apple - Mac
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

System restore? Just back up docs created/modified after the restore point .
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Help please..

I think you will need an Undelete tool to recover your files.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Help please..

R STUDIO, download it from the states for around 60 dollars (its worth it if your to lazy to backup data)

I have recovered many a failed drive with this and unless your drive has mechanical failure it will recover everything

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            I think you will need an Undelete tool to recover your files.
            Thanks for your invaluable assistance. I copied and pasted your post into Google and got what I wanted (a nice hex-editor and recovery tool (Free!!!)) .

Anyone who needs the same, please PM me.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Try this:

Apple - Mac
              lol

Comment

Anyone who needs the same, please PM me.
                Why don't you just post what you did? That way everybody gets to benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post

Why don't you just post what you did? That way everybody gets to benefit.

I can’t advertise products on the forum.

Think about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Try this:

Apple - Mac
                    Excellent idea, but even I o not rely on the great one to save me.

Instead I backup everything. Or should I say time machine backs up everything to another machine.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X