• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Server HDDs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server HDDs

My mission : Find a 500GB SCSI HotSwap Hdd for a 2005 Dell Poweredge server (Model 2000 - as I have written it down)

Scoured the internet. Most hotswap disks are SATAII.

Does anyone know if disks for a machine of this age come in this flavour, and if so a good potential source? Need a caddy as well

TIA
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

If you plug the asset tag on the server into their support website, it will tell you.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

WMMS

Or just phone them... your client has business support with Dell right? It's not cheap so use it!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        WMMS

Or just phone them... your client has business support with Dell right? It's not cheap so use it!
        I doubt it.

I have the serial number only. Is there any way I can get the service tag from this? I could not see a service tag on the box (even after wiping the dust and fluff off)

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I doubt it.

I have the serial number only. Is there any way I can get the service tag from this? I could not see a service tag on the box (even after wiping the dust and fluff off)
          If it's working, use the server internet browser to go here

Dell System Information / Dell Warranty Extensions & Upgrades / Dell Warranty Status

and click "find my service tag"

If it's not working, I think you'll have to phone them.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            If it's working, use the server internet browser to go here

Dell System Information / Dell Warranty Extensions & Upgrades / Dell Warranty Status

and click "find my service tag"

If it's not working, I think you'll have to phone them.
            Weird. It turns out that the serial number IS the service tag.
            And the link did not work for this elderly machine. I wonder how long they have been using service tags? Praps this machine was right on the cutoff when they switched to this newfangled service tag malarky, or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Anyhoo,

300GB SCSI ULTRA320 (10, 000RPM) 1IN 80 P

is what it has in the spec.

Which is interesting as it does only have one disk (and one caddy for that matter) but the current disk is only 130Gb.

So there you have it. I need a couple of 500Gb ones of those and one caddy. Any good suppliers for this?

TIA

Comment

Try Dataflow.

Comment

How long have they been using service tags - about 15 years to my knowledge.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X