• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hyper V

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyper V

I want a really simple setup for dev work consisting of a Hyper V server with a VM farm (DC, SQL 2008, Sharepoint, Dev etc.).

What kind of machine could host this without spending silly money? I was thinking of just using a desktop with about 24 GB ram, but what kind of hard disk arrangement would work best (again going for realistic rather than ideal)?

Currently I am using a laptop and a couple of exernal hard drives to host VMs but I want a more robust solution. Would I be best keeping all VMs on a dedicated server and then accessing from a separate client pc?

Working...
X