• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.co domains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.co domains

I know a new one comes out every few months and I have slept through .biz, .uk.ltd, .info etc. but do you think this one might actually be worth having?

I'm waiting for .uk to come out.

I don't understand why we have .co.uk when everyone else has .de, .fr, .it...

(although it might have come out already and I missed it...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I don't understand why we have .co.uk when everyone else has .de, .fr, .it...

(although it might have come out already and I missed it...)
      Have a chat with this lot then...

Nominet - Reserved short domains consultation
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Hear hear, me too.

Ridiculous that they are not available yet.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          I know a new one comes out every few months and I have slept through .biz, .uk.ltd, .info etc. but do you think this one might actually be worth having?
          .co is the ccTLD for Colombia. Not sure why you would want people to think you are based there...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            .co is the ccTLD for Colombia. Not sure why you would want people to think you are based there...
            Well most of my clients work in the media...

Comment

Colombia

cheers Nick! now I see what's going on. And to think I considered wasting £29.99 on one.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                Well most of my clients work in the media...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  cheers Nick! now I see what's going on. And to think I considered wasting £29.99 on one.
                  This also explains why Channel Five's website appears to be based in the Pacific nation of Tuvalu

Comment

And that would explain why it was always a lot harder to tune in than the other channels

Comment

Working...
                    X