• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really bizarre email problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really bizarre email problem

Our website takes orders by email from schools. Email from the website is forwarded to a yahoo account and a google account.

Today I found an email order, quite a decent one, in the junk email box dated 19th March but when I checked the date of the file in appdata it was actually delivered today.

I have the yahoo spam filter turned off, and anyway I only checked online on Saturday and there was nothing there. There is still nothing there although I have it set to keep a local copy and there is a copy of all other emails. Nothing has come through on the Google account.

Anyone got any bright ideas where on earth this email has been? Wondering if I am losing other orders through some error somewhere.

Update: I see the date in appdata is not relevant, stupid live mail changes the file date when you simply view it!!! Still, darn sure it wasn't there before.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 7 April 2010, 22:10.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Have you tried sending a test email yourself? Set your Yahoo email to show unread messages rather than in date order (I assume you can do the same with Google)
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Ta but yes. Sent emails to myself this evening as test and all fine.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I was going to suggest the school's email gateway/ISP but the fact your Yahoo account has received the email, although belatedly, and your Google one hasn't precludes this as a possible cause.

Comment

Cheers for answers.

It seems my sister did get her copy and it was sent out on time. Maybe I am going senile but this is 3rd time something similar has happened. Looked at yahoo online yesterday and the junk box contained things that I had got in my inbox ok. Lots of problems connecting at all to yahoo recently although seems all right for last two days.

Now have all spam filtering on the website forwarding and my email accounts turned off. Never seem to get any significant amounts of spam these days anyway.
          bloggoth

Comment

Working...
          X