• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TikiWiki

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TikiWiki

Anybody with any experience or comment?

I was looking at Wikis, and this looked quite good on paper. The site also has a phpbb forum, but TikiWiki has its own forum as well as bug tracking and blogs and picture galleries, which could be useful, and it would be nice to integrate all these things with a single user account.

However the forum software looks pretty naff, not in the same league as phpbb (or even whatever CUK is using) at first glance, so that's put me off.

And generally speaking the whole thing is a bit clunky (the default page is broken in IE8 for starters), but then the other Wikis I've used tend to have that prehistoric user interface feel too.

The intent is that it becomes a knowledge base, with examples of how to do things and solutions to common problems etc., rather than what happens at the moment which is that useful stuff gets lost in forum posts and the same questions get asked over and over. Just like here.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

I used it some years back and was less than impressed - in the end I gave up on the concept of a wiki for my website.

CUK runs vBulletin (which is not free) - there are plenty of others that are that are pretty good. I use SMF for my website, which is reasonable.

I would think that you are better off having different, good products that do what you want rather than one product that is average. I use SMF for forum and WordPress for blogging.
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Isn't that the big purple poof in the Teletubies?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Isn't that the big purple poof in the Teletubies?
        I thought it was the annoying bear thing from Buck Rogers. But that just shows the relative difference of our ages.

Thanks for the opinion Mr Man.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X