• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comms timeout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netweaver and MaxDB. Good idea though - I'll check other power saving options.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Netweaver and MaxDB. Good idea though - I'll check other power saving options.
      The Netweaver App server is definitely not gonna like its IP changed from under it, or it being lost for a bit, might recover a renewal but a different IP is bound to trip it up, if that's what's happening.

So I reckon fixed IP, make sure ur gateway is correct and DNS works, take all power saving off, restart the lot (Windows!) and monitor it.

Comment

I think I had a network card powering itself off once, and it was only fixed with an updated driver.

If that's what's happening, it probably explains the DHCP error rather than the other way around. In my experience IP addresses don't change just because you're using DHCP, although I guess a DHCP server could be setup that way.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

AFAIK, the IP address is fixed. I've shut SAP and the database down, as I'm skiing tomorrow and visiting a client on Wednesday. If the problem doesn't recur, then I'll assume it's a SAP/db issue.

Updating the network card drivers is a good idea too, I'll give that a go.

thanks
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X