• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Connection timeout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection timeout

I recently installed a network card on a desktop of mine (thanks to input from a previous thread!). The broadband connection is working well apart from one thing: I get timeout errors. Two examples of this are: 1) when I am checking my email and 2) when I am doing a live update of Norton Virus definitions.

Any ideas what is causing this and what I have to do to prevent it?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Mustang
    I recently installed a network card on a desktop of mine (thanks to input from a previous thread!). The broadband connection is working well apart from one thing: I get timeout errors. Two examples of this are: 1) when I am checking my email and 2) when I am doing a live update of Norton Virus definitions.

Any ideas what is causing this and what I have to do to prevent it?

Thanks!
    Norton? FFS, get rid and use AVG!

Comment

Working...
    X